Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights!


About Me

My photo
I'm a retired mom. Do mom's ever retire? Anyway every once in a while I get called upon for my mothering skills from a few of my past employees. But for now I'm trying to get used to the idea of not mothering everyday. I'm a "Grandma" or "Nana" to three handsome gransons. Daven, his baby brother Bruce and Reese. You might know me as Shelton, Drew's, or lil Brook mom. Or maybe you know me as Angela's, Walesca's, or Shaun's Mom inlaw. However you may know me, you know that I LOVE my FAMILY! I also am blessed with a wonderful husband who I love with all my heart. We are now as we started...Just the two of us. The Empty Nest thing is definately a difficult change but we are definately getting the hang of it. No matter how old your children are you worry about the choices they make and how those choices will affect thier life...Only now you try to cover your mouth and pray for the best and let them live thier life and trust that they are in God's hands. I have faith that our children will be fine as we raised them well. I am so proud of all my children and thier spouses and I am proud to be thier mom!

The Best Family Ever

The Best Family Ever

~Visitors Welcome~

Mike and I our empty nesters...but we are loving every minute...especially when the kids come back to visit. I love this quote by Erma Bombeck:

"When mothers talk about the depression of the empty nest, they're not mourning the passing of all those wet towels on the floor, or the music that numbs your teeth, or even the bottle of capless shampoo dribbling down the shower drain. They're upset because they've gone from supervisor of a child's life to a spectator. It's like being the vice president of the United States."

But, seriously we are truely enjoying just sitting back and watching our kids be parents!

We love our family and friends!

Brook

My Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cutest grandbabies ever....and Best Family in the world!

So here it is January 2010 and I have yet to update my BLOG. Alot has happened since my last blog. Reese is three months old and already sleeping through the night. Drew and Walesca are expecting another son in May of this year. Shelton has writen a book and is in the process of finding an agent. Mike is still in Colton but with a different company...and I turned the big 50!! Life is good and our family continues to be blessed!
**************************************************************************
Reese
DAVEN
The whole family
The guys: Daven, Drew, Reese, Shaun, Shelton, Mike
The girls...Chelle, me, Angela, Walesca...








1 comment: